Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Photo Journal, no. 18 | Hello, Spring

One year, my penpal asked me what sorts of flowers bloom first in a North Carolina Spring, and I was at a complete loss as to how to answer her, because I'd never really paid that much attention.  So now, I photograph them all to remind me.  One day I might even cross reference the photos and start to learn their names.

Hello, Spring.  You've been hot and stormy and cranky so far, and as a result, everything's become so green so quickly.  It's like a symphony made up of entirely one instrument--a symphony of trumpets--that's how I read it described once, somewhere.  But, I'm so eager to get my plants outside and in the ground, so welcome.  Welcome, welcome, welcome.

P.S., Spring, Grandma said she's never seen so many freckles on my face, even though I wear sunscreen daily.  So feel free to keep the clouds coming, when I'm outdoors, I mean.  Can we arrange something?  Compare schedules?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...