Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Monday, October 26, 2015
Please excuse my photo dump. I was doing so good at outfit posts there for a minute, but then all the photos and details just got ahead of me. Here, at least, is a link to how I wore the above dress at 34 weeks in my pregnancy. Other than that, details for this post are a little murky. Suffice it to say, 97% of my attire is second-hand in some form or other. Even if I had the money, I'm not sure I could bring myself to buy new.
Sunday, October 11, 2015
05/52 - chocolate goblin
06/52 - Bubba fell asleep reading his new book on the ride home.
07/52 - Cheese'n hard.
08/52 - Nature boy, Autumn Equinox 2015.
09/52 - Kazoo prodigy.
About Mads (2 years and 2 months old)
- With some coaxing, he's started saying, "I love you." It sounds like, "I wub you."
- Early in the month, Wolfman sent the boy to the big chair for a five minute time out for kicking the dog. When Mads had served his time and his dad asked, "Do you know why you had to take a time out?" I was astonished to hear Mads answer, "because I kicked the dog."
- His word for both belly buttons and tickling is the same and of his own creation--"deedle-dee".
- He sometimes confuses me and his father, and as if we are the same person, he will just call one or the other of us "mommydaddy."
- Wolfman says Mads answers, "No," in the same exact tone I do.
- Martigan is afraid of bathroom hand dryers, some dragons and dinosaurs, and witches (hah).
- He picks up bouquets of leaves from the ground whenever he goes outdoors, so the floor of the car and our carpet are littered with dry leaf bits.
- He can count to ten--almost (he has trouble with "seven", and sometimes repeats "eight" twice, sometimes skips it entirely).
- He giggles now while he watches movies, and sometimes at farts (his own or those of others).
- When asked what he's called, Martigan answers, "I name Mads," with a hand on his chest.
- Wolfman and I discovered while Mads was throwing a tantrum that his two year molars are coming in.
- Martigan is officially weaned this month; he is half way to being a real big boy (next step: potty training).
- He points out trains and planes, and when I ask, "Where is that train/plane going?" he always answers, "Mama's [Grandma's] house."
- His favorite movies/shows this month were: The Jungle Book, Coraline, ParaNorman, Thomas & Friends, and, still, The Boxtrolls.
- His favorite books this month were: Room on the Broom, Zoom, Going to Sleep on the Farm, Sam's Sandwich, and Happy Halloween, Curious George.
Sunday, October 4, 2015
Scarf - second-hand (Grandma) | Blouse - New Directions, thrifted (GCF) | Skirt - Pretty Angel, gift (Rachel) | Sandals - Bandolino, second-hand (Grandma)
The way this skirt moves is so dreamy, I once again went full-on gypsy. I hope my friend, Rachel, the giver of this skirt will approve of this ensemble--I think she will; she's a romantic dresser herself. This little peacock blouse I caught out of the corner of my eye as I was leaving Goodwill one day. It's colorful, sheer, floaty--exactly the type of blouse I love to wear, and a perfect replacement for another peacock printed top I thrifted a few years ago but have since retired due to wear.
Blouse: CC Outlaw, thrifted (GCF) | Camisole: H&M, resale (Butterfly Exchange) | Skirt: thrifted (GCF)
Here is the truth about this outfit: it was way too hot outside to wear it. This skirt is heavy. I wore this skirt tied snug over my growing belly at 26 weeks pregnant, which you can see here.
Dress - Fashowlim, second-hand (Grandma) | Blouse - Worthington, thrifted (GCF) | Sandals - FitFlop (BeYOUtiful Butterfly) | Necklace - gift (April)
I think this is a sort of weird, thrown-together outfit, and I won't be wearing it again. But, a stranger actually interrupted my lunch in the mall food court to ask where I buy my clothes. She said, "I used to shop at a lot of boutiques..." and I could tell by her silver earrings that she had good taste.