- 2 cups dried white beans, soaked overnight (or, 1 1/2 15oz cans Cannellini Beans, drained & rinsed)
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, or 1 fresh red pepper if in season
- 2-3 stalks green onion, chopped (or 1/2 medium yellow onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano (I used much more than this, however)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine beans, red peppers, onions, & garlic in a food processor. Pulse until chopped, but not smoothly pureed.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in oregano, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, & pepper until well combined.
- Form "meatballs" by rolling roughly 2 tablespoon-sized portions between the palms of your hand. Place balls on the baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the "meatballs" are firm to the touch and light golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Use with pasta recipes or in subs.
Recipe adapted from Cookin Canuck's Vegetarian Meatballs.