About Mads, 3 Years & 4 Months Old:
- Mads knows the difference between "right" and "left."
- Mads, under the influence of his cousin Ella, has started taunting in a sing-song, "na na na naa naa."
- Mads calls Bojangles "Bonejangles."
- Mads says, "Mommy called me Damn It!"
- On the ride to work one day, Mads tells me a little girl he saw is his friend. Then, without prompting, he sililoquies: "She is my best friend. She is my sweetheart. I wrap her in a blanket, and I kiss her." He also frequently puts his little hand on my face and tells me, "You're my sweetheart, Mommy," or, "You're so cute, Mommy."
- Mads says "awesome!"
- If I call him beautiful or handsome, he corrects, "No, Mommy, I'm cool."
- Martigan's favorite books this month: Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds & Peter Brown, Hey That's My Monster by Amanda Noll & Howard McWilliam, Janine by Maryann Cocca-Leffler
- Martigan's favorite movie/show this month: Justin Time and Justin Time Go
This little Radio Flyer tricycle appeared under our tree two Christmases ago. It's taken Mads this long to figure out how to pedal it, though we've been working on pedaling this whole time, on and off. He's so proud of this new skill, so triumphant. I'm reminded once again to trust his pace. He'll figure things out. #madmartigan #sonshine #3yearsold