Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Wolfwardrobe | if he's to some fair girl married, I love the girl that married him

Scarf (on head) - Claire's | Top - Chaps, thrifted (Goodwill) | Skirt Vini | Belt - second-hand (Grandma's closet)
When a co-worker complimented my outfit this day I told him, "Yeah, I went full-on gypsy." You know that Coco Chanel rule, before leaving the house remove one thing? Before leaving the house, I tend to add a couple pieces of jewelry and a scarf. Coco Chanel also said, "A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed," which is true with this outfit. Though there's a lot of volume, the skirt is practically transparent. Wearing this skirt, which I bought at least fifteen years ago so we may as well call it vintage, is as close to being naked in public as I can get without being arrested.
Earrings - gift (from Grandma) | Necklace - Rebelle, gift (Wolfman, Make it Your Own Boutique)

Infinity Scarf (on head) - thrifted (Goodwill) | Tee - Random World, second-hand (Grandma) | Skirt - Sandy, resale (The Butterfly Exchange) | Sandals - Bandolino, second-hand (Grandma)
This is a skirt to be worn dancing with farmhands. Folded, it barely fit into the shopping bag when I bought it; its fullness perhaps makes it more appropriate for autumn than summer, but--I just couldn't wait to take it for a spin, literally. About me: this is my idea of a casual outfit--20lb skirt, 10 lbs of jewelry.
Earrings - antique, stolen (Sierra) | Turquoise necklace - vintage, gift (Wolfman, Antiques on Salem Street) | Bubble-maker necklace - vintage, gift (Grandma)

Scarf (on head) - Dillards | Dress - Xhilaration, second-hand (Grandma) | Sandals - Bandolino, second-hand (Grandma)
This is an outfit Grandma made.  I mean, essentially every single piece of this outfit was either a gift from Grandma, or something I plucked out of her closet.  When I'm looking for something specific, or maybe I'm just looking to be inspired, I step into my Grandma's closet and I find something beautiful. It's a kind of magick. This dress is a size too big and, I worry, might make me look slightly pregnant, but--that looseness and forgiving billowing is what made it perfect for this particular day, in the middle of my period, when I'm always feeling my yuckiest, on a too-hot day.
Earrings - vintage, second-hand (Grandma) | Necklace - second-hand (Grandma) | Cuff - gift (Grandma)

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...