Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Wolfwardrobe | I walk inside a little printer's mind

Bandana (on head) - AC Moore | Tank - C'est Moi, resale (Butterfly Exchange) | Cover-up - Funhouse, thrifted (GCF) | Jeans - Chaps, thrifted (GCF) | Shoes - dv8 (Burlington Coat Factory)
What can I say? It was a gloomy day, so I decided to dress like a clown.
Earrings - Light Years | Bracelet (turquoise) - gift (April) | Necklace (hamsa) - gift (Mom) | Necklace (diamond) - antique, gift (Grandma) | Necklace (harmony ball) - gift (Grandma) | Ring (Buddha) - Raleigh Flea Market | Ring (silver) - Silverwear by Christy Clark (Aria Gifts [closed])

Blouse - Sunny Leigh, thrifted (GCF) | Skirt - New York & Company, resale (Butterfly Exchange) | Shoes - Two Lips, second-hand (Grandma)
I think the combination of the embroidery and crochet and the color red must've been what put me in such a Catholic-centric mood. For the record, I am not, nor have I ever been, Catholic. But, I saw the first Nightmare on Elm Street at a very impressionable age, and the crucifix hanging on Tina's wall when she wakes from her first bad Freddy dream really, I don't know, it just stayed with me. My entire childhood I wanted a crucifix to hang on my wall above my bed--because of Nightmare on Elm Street--and, as a teenager, I finally got one. Perfect, gold, slender yet heavy enough that it could be used as a weapon if need be. I no longer have the crucifix, out of deference to my husband mostly, but I still have my rosary jewelry. The beads on the necklace are made of crushed rose petals. When I was a pre-teen, they smelled of roses, but that smell has since dissipated.
Earrings - gift (Grandma) | Bracelet (rosary) - gift (Grandma) | Necklace (rose petal rosary) - gift (Grandma)
Ring (peridot and aquamarine) - antique, gift (Grandma, Ordinary & Extraordinary [closed]) | Ring (red) - gift (Sierra, Light Years)

Bandana (on head) - second-hand (Grandma) | Dress - hand-made (Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival) | Camisole - Christopher & Banks
I wish I'd thought to take a picture of the back of this dress.  The whole thing is sort of stunning, and I hate that I don't remember the name of the woman who made it.  It's hand-made and stunning, and partly so stunning because people can tell it was made with love and attention by real hands from real scraps. The back of the halter is tied with what might be strips of old bed sheets.  I got this thing many years ago at the Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival in Cary, and it looks exactly like the kind of dress one would pick up at an arts and crafts festival, and it is perfect.
Quartz ring - gift (Grandma) | Wooden bead earrings - vintage, second-hand (Grandma) | Purse necklace - second-hand (Grandma; I think this may originally have been a gift to Grandma from my mother)


No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...