Not even two weeks ago, it snowed. But in true North Carolina fashion, Wednesday was springtime beautiful. Even I, wintercentric though I am, had to admit it was beautiful. Too breezy for the wrap dress I wore, but balmy and energizing. An air the house out, prop the doors open kind of beautiful. A teacher can we have class outside today kind of beautiful.
I Am Grateful:
- for the tradition of Opeth in winter, introduced to me by my now husband; I am grateful for that first (and only) mix CD he made me, with all the prettiest Opeth songs tacked on at the end, which I listened to on repeat in the weeks leading up to our first kiss.
- for prophetic art in mundane places.
- for a working washer and dryer in my home.
- for Wolfman's homemade chicken curry.
- for post-holiday discounted foil wrapping paper.
- for Charis Melina Brown, one of the high priestesses of my Church of Youtube, and her weird, wacky magician wisdom.
- for phone calls with my baby, even when I can't understand what he's saying.
- for cold Italian subs on the chewiest white bread.
- for the feel of thick shag carpet under bare feet.
- for an amazingly lucky sales day on a would-be unlucky day (Friday the 13th), and to, however briefly, know the feeling of being the store's top salesperson.
- for ponzu sauce.
- to be lulled to sleep by Thorn's purring.
- to look into my rearview mirror as I drive home in the dark and see no one behind me.
- for Ashley Judd.
- when I call home to say goodnight and discover that Mads is War Machine and his daddy is Iron Man; I am grateful when Mads tells me, "I love you, War Machine Mommy."