Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Photo Journal, no. 23 | From the Farm




Last Wednesday I brought home my first box of goodies from Smith's Nursery.  This year, my work place is participating in a Doorstep Market program, a sort of CSA-modeled program, with some major (and I think positive) differences.  Instead of paying one lump sum up front, we only pay $10 up front per season for the transportation of our food and boxes, and then order the products we like and pay by week.  (For an example of prices, I spent $24 for the above, including the one-time $10 service fee.)  I'm sort of dizzy with excitement over all this, and rode home on Wednesday next to a box of strawberries that smelled so sweet, it took every ounce of my willpower not to devour them immediately on the bus.

Above you see: spinach, bok choy, asparagus, & my first strawberries of the season.  They always taste so much better when they're in season, and that tastiness is made all the richer if you haven't had it since July.

P.S. Did you notice the little chicken feather stuck to the strawberry's green in the last picture?  I swooned when I discovered it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...