"Mommy! Look at me!"
- He loved riding around in our rental car in early January. He referred to it as "my new red car," and told everyone sadly, "my red car all gone," after we returned it.
- He sings along to songs now, like "Rebel Rebel" (singing, gleefully, "hot tramp") and "Another One Bites the Dust."
- He is obsessed with his back pack. He loves zipping and unzipping all the pockets, taking things out, putting them back in. He tries wearing his back pack, though it is comically much too big.
- Martigan says, "You're ridiculous!"
- Martigan says, "I not got a tail. Lunchbox has a tail. I got a butt and a penis."
- He still does not sleep through the night.
- Martigan announces, "I want to be king!" and puts Lunchbox's anti-chew collar over his head.
- Martigan says, "Mommy, you got sharps on you. They hurt me!" when his foot brushes against my leg in bed one morning.
- At the breakfast table one morning Mads looks at the crust on his toast and tells us, "I can't like this." After Wolfman breaks the toast in half to expose the jelly and butter in the middle, Mads says, "Hey! I can like this now! It don't want to bother me!"
- Favorite shows/movies: Thunder & The House of Magic, Dora the Explorer, Home
- Favorite books: Julia's House for Lost Creatures, The Tree House that Jack Built, Tap Tap Bang Bang
A conversation with Mads
Me: "Mads, what are you thinking about?"
Mads: "Nothing, Mommy."
Me: "What's going on in your head?"
Mads: "Are there toys in there?" He places a hand on top of his head. "I can't get them. I can't get those toys."