Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Madmartigan, 3 Years Old! | well I know karate, voodoo, too

2016: 3 Years Old & 32 Years Old

My guy is three. He wore his new Batman utility belt all day yesterday. Wolfman, a wearer of knives and tools attached to his own belt daily asked, "Do you want to be like Batman? Or do you want to be like Daddy?" Mads answered, "No, I want to be Martigan." I wrote in last year's birthday post that this boy, his character and personality (and I don't think this is only me speaking from a place of bias) just slays me. That is still the case one year later, but moreso, because now he is more Martigan than ever.
About Mads, 3 Years Old:
  • Mads has started using the word "amazing." 
  • He is resistant to potty training, but did surprise me with one glorious potty poop that gave me hope and made me so happy. 
  • He hates having his hair pulled back.
  • Counting down from five to get him to follow instructions works 75% of the time.
  • Mads throws his head back and laughs loudly, maniacally, often.
  • Mads says, "No! You must not do that!"
  • Mads also says, "Mommy, that's enough," ("that's enough" being one of those parenting reprimands I give often).
  • His favorite books this month were: Dear Fish, The Three Billy Goats Gruff (Mads has much of this one memorized), I'm Trying to Love Spiders.
  • His favorite movie/show this month was: Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh (Wolfman and I love this, too).
2015: 2 Years Old & 31 Years Old
2014: 1 Year Old & 30 Years Old
2013: Newborn & 29 Years Old
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...