Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Madmartigan, 2 Years Old | doin' alright

About Mads, 2 Years & 10 Months Old:

  • Martigan says, "I got a birthday coming up! Yeah! I want that birthday!"
  • Martigan's favorite color is blue and for his birthday he requests "a blue present."
  • This month Martigan spent his first weekend away from Mom and Dad, spending one night with Jared's mom and one night with my grandmother and sister. He did brilliantly, of course, and didn't miss us at all.
  • This month Martigan also came down with the croup. It was unpleasant and a little scary, with a few nights of sleep loss for me, but he came through it like a champ (even if he did spit out his last dose of medicine).
  • When Mads was feeling down and sickly, he asked to watch Paranorman--apparently that is his comfort movie.
  • During the course of his illness, whenever I asked how he was doing, he answered hoarsely, "I doin' alright." He is always "doin' alright."
  • He's been practicing putting his shoes on by himself (almost always he gets them on the wrong feet.)
  • He surprised me by singing (and teaching Ella) one of the songs we sing at library story time each week. He knew not only the tune, but all the words, which surprised me because:
    • he still does not participate much during story time, and prefers to hang back and watch the other kids interacting.
  • Martigan has been practicing some new dance moves that have me in stitches, and the more I laugh, the more he wiggles. 
  • Martigan is a clown.
  • Martigan is also Batman.
  • Martigan says, "I don't like to behave."
  • Favorite book: Little Blue Truck
  • Favorite show/movie: Batman, Scooby Doo (and of course the classic, Scooby Doo Meets Batman)

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...