Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Photo Journal, no 9. | Season Limbo



A brief radio silence, I know. Because, I was feeling slightly pukey for a few days--not sick, exactly, because as I will tell anyone who listens--I never get sick. But, my appetite was on a severe wane, which made me terribly miserable as food is one of my great pleasures in life. And then, also, the weather here became balmy and pleasant, a week of 70 degree days, which totally, completely depressed me. I look forward to winter all year long. Also, when the trees are stripped bare, as they are now, there's no defense against a sunny day. And if there's one thing I like even less than warm temperatures, it's a sunny day. I prefer much prefer bad weather, or simply, weather.

Here are some photos from Thanksgiving weekend, when Wolfman, the pup, and I took a stroll through the Apex Community Park greenway. I'm not usually one for greenways (too crowded; I much prefer actual nature reserves), but I do enjoy the swampy views Apex Community Park provides. And, also, that's one of our first "hang out" locations, the Wolfman and me, when we were just getting to know each other. That sense of nostalgia does pull me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...