Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

365 | talking and cooking biscuits and getting drunk on the porch

007/365 | Monday 11 November 2019, Cary - Early to work today, so I get to take a walk and admire the leaf show. Autumn doesn't properly start in North Carolina until November, but it is glorious (perhaps because so short-lived).
008/365 | Tuesday 12 November 2019 - Discovered today that the CD player in my little Ford Ranger works perfectly. I love this little truck; it is the little truck I was always meant to have. I call him Gus after Augustus McRae. I once had a cat named Woodrow Call. Now I have a truck named Gus.
009/365 | Wednesday 12 November 2019 - Grandma's house is like a Museum of Childhood--my childhood, my son's, my niece's.
010/365 | Thursday 14 November 2019, Cary - I read an article in the paper about a man sentenced to 10 years in prison for the death of his son, involuntary manslaughter; the boy died of blunt-force trauma to his stomach. I cried. Dismissed myself from the kitchen and cried for that little boy while Jared sat on the kitchen floor with our son, the two of them playing with plastic dinosaurs.
011/365 | Friday 15 November 2019, Wake Zone, Apex - My world on Friday mornings is this dog and this boy. Nothing else exists but these two.
012/365 - Saturday 16 November 2019, Cary - Peter Gray's 7 Sins of Compulsive Schooling: 1. Denial of liberty without just cause or due process 2. Interference with the development of personal responsibility and self-direction 3. Undermining of intrinsic motivation to learn 4. Judging students in ways that foster shame, hubris, cynicism, and cheating 5. Interference with the development of cooperation and promotion of bullying. 6. Inhibition of critical thinking. 7. Reduction in diversity of skills and knowledge.
013/365 | Sunday 17 November 2019 - I blew off a customer to flirt shamelessly with my husband. I'm liking these little visits Wolfman's paying me at work. (Did I mention how handsome he is?)

2 comments:

  1. "We don't rent pigs!" ~Hat Creek Cattle Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could count on you.

      Delete

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...