Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thankful Thursday | when you press me to your heart, I'm in a world apart

I Am Grateful:
  • I am grateful for the Duplo blocks that quiet Mads and capture his interest.
  • I am grateful for every part of my body that jiggles because I'm made of flesh not paper.
  • I am grateful when I hear sirens, for the people who make livings of helping others.
  • I am grateful for my grandpa, steady and good and full of love.
  • I am grateful to come home to a house full of good cooking smells after a long day at work.
  • I am grateful for little gifts left in my cubby at work from co-workers.
  • I am grateful to Grandma for picking us up and taking us to dinner at Martigan's favorite, Firehouse Subs, and I am grateful to her for her good humor when Mads eats only chips and does not touch his sandwich.
  • I am grateful for citrus-scented dish soap.
  • I am grateful for the jingling tinkle of my many charm bracelets (Christmas gifts from Grandma this year) against china coffee mugs as I put them away in the cabinet.
  • I am grateful for the way salt patterns swirl on roads and look like some ancient magic runes, and like snow, impervious to sun and heat.
  • I am grateful for the competing morning sounds of Uriah Heep on the turn table on one side of me (in the living room) and Wolfman tuning up his guitar on the other (in the bedroom).
  • I am grateful for the tradition of wearing my husband's boots and coat (so much more practical than my own) to tromp around in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...