Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Madmartigan, 4 Years Old | I'm a man you don't meet everyday

My guy, he hates the snow. He hates the cold. He wants to watch the same episode of Rescue Bots over and over (the first episode; he loves watching the autobots choosing their earth disguises). He tells me, "I just love toys! That's the thing I really love." Some days he's not much interested in food and meal time is a struggle; other days he is ravenous and eats two adult sized sandwiches for lunch. He talks, from the moment he wakes up in the morning until he falls asleep at night. I know him by his little voice, his chatter, his questions, his games, the songs he sings. He also tells jokes. He also lets the people he loves know he loves them. I worry I let him eat too many sweets, and I worry that he is a little soft (see the last photo, of my supposedly wild boy wailing his dismay at the existence of weather), but he is articulate and hilarious and so full of love, so I'm doing something right.
About Mads, 4 Years & 5 Months Old:
  • When he plays with transformers and action figures, his Big Bad is "The Nothing" (from Neverending Story).
  • While sick, he woke suddenly one night crying out, "I ran out of batteries!" then fell back asleep.
  • We've done away with television in the mornings, and instead, to much objection and with many failed attempts at negotiation from Mads, we listen to music, play games, and I read from magazines and books of fairy tales. Mads objects the least and engages the most when I read recipes. And, in fact, once or twice he has even requested we flip through recipe books together. We have big plans to make pretzels this week.
  • As his dad and I giggle together in the kitchen, Mads demands, "You tell me your secrets or you're fired!"  
  • His big Christmas gift this year was a bike, from his grandmommie, Sandra (a Batman bike and an Iron Man helmet). He got sick almost immediately after Christmas, and then we had record low temperatures the following week, so he hasn't done much riding yet.
  • He can draw a perfect circle.
  • He is not a fan of Dim Sum.
  • Favorite books: Sam's Sandwich, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Little Blue Truck
  • Favorite shows & movies: Transformers: Rescue Bots, Boss Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...