Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Madmartigan, 3 Years Old | love like yours will surely come my way

Dear Mads,

You are three-and-a-half years old: part-time Batman, my sweetheart, winning and witty conversationalist, kung fu/break dance master, and a true blue Stinky Pete (the stinkiest of all the Petes). I love you. I love how you push my face toward yours for kisses when you think my attention has wandered. I love how you pronounce everything with a drawl, sort of English, but a lot Southern. I love your energy and your story-telling and that you want to be next to me all the time. I love standing in the parking lot and leaning over you in your car seat for last minute hugs as I leave for work. I love your high, excited voice when I talk to you on the phone. You are my everything, my every day. I can't believe three-and-a-half years have passed already since the day I first held you in my arms. 

Happy Valentine's Day, Valentine,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...