Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thankful Thursday | god only knows what I'd be without you


I, too, would like to formally file my complaints regarding time changes. "Fall Back" is nowhere near as offensive as "Spring Forward," but an extra hour's sleep (for one night) is not worth leaving work in the dark. (And, if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you may be privy to the fact that We Wolfpeople did not actually get an extra hour's sleep. We completely forgot about the time change and rushed around at not 6, but 5am to get Wolfman to work that day.) I have never minded waking up before the sun. In fact, while I'm prone to linger in bed, on the days I don't, I enjoy being awake in the dark, having my cup of coffee in hand while watching the sun rise. But nothing depresses me like leaving work in the dark of night. My whole day has been snatched from me, not an iota of sunshine left for me to enjoy. Time changes can bite me. I have to admit, though, that standing on the front porch of my shop and catching the last rays of sun as it dips down below the horizon has a certain aesthetic pleasure to it, so I'm thankful for that at least.

I Am Grateful:

  • for a good sales day at work, finally, and the optimism those sales foster.
  • for the unexpected generosity and thoughtfulness of strangers, like Anne, a customer at the store, who gave me a skeleton bride and groom candle holder for my collection.
  • for bagels, chicken sandwiches, and donuts at work (all in one day).
  • for Steven Yeun.
  • to Sierra, who takes Martigan on a day Wolfman is feeling particularly cruddy.
  • for trick-or-treated Kit Kat bars.
  • for The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows".
  • for clean water.
  • for a balmy night when I have to wait for my ride, especially after I'd steeled myself to shiver.
  • for afghans to wrap up in at work, while waiting out the clock at night.
  • for the little boy at the playground--Jason, age 7--who befriended Mads.
  • for vending machine Twix.
  • for my first successful in-home design sale, and the help of our designer, Hailey, in closing it.
  • for Eric Daman, Gossip Girl's costume designer, and the entire styling/wardrobe team.
  • to come home to a big pot of Wolfman's chili after a long day of work.


1 comment:

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...