Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Madmartigan, 2 Years Old | when I was young, I was the nicest guy I knew; I thought I was the Chosen One

About Mads, 2 Years and 5 Months Old:

  • Mads says, "I got an idea," and tries to put his wind-up Mystery Machine on the Yule tree.
  • "Are you pooping or are you getting into trouble?" is the appropriate question to ask in answer to Mads demanding, "No! Go away!"
  • Mads says, "I miss you so much!"
  • Carrot poops were the grossest when he first started eating solid food, and they are the grossest a year and a half later.
  • Before he takes off running, he momentarily runs in place like Bugs Bunny, and sometimes when he's super psyched, he'll run sideways, exactly like a costumed mascot at a sporting event pumping up a crowd.
  • Mads says, "I a snuggle bunny!"
  • Mads recognizes photos of himself as a baby.
  • Martigan has one curse in his arsenal: god damn it. He wails it at night when he's trying to fight bed time.
  • Mads says, "Look at me!" while attempting dare devil feats.
  • He has figured out how to open the (supposedly) child-locked kitchen cabinets.
  • Within half an hour of playing on his Christmas drum kit, he busted one of the drums open doing heavy blast beats.
  • Occasionally, Mads tells me, "I a baby," if he's feeling particularly in need of affection.
  • Mads loved riding around in the rental car, "my new red car," he called it. He was sad when we turned the car in, and if either of us mention it, he will pout and little and say so wistfully, "red car all gone."
  • Mads suffered his first ever ear infection this month.
  • Mads weighs 28 pounds.
  • Martigan's favorite books this month: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Little Blue Truck, Winter Days in the Big Woods
  • Martigan's favorite shows and movies this month: Toy Story 2, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Dora the Explorer
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...