Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

March Joys & Favorites


Joys!
Goodbye to Winter! Hello to Spring!
We spent a lot of time at Grandma's house and with Grandma this month.  Always a lovely time.
The time of living with Sierra, Bobby, and Ella is coming to a close, so I'm just soaking up all this cousinlove goodness between the babies.
Lil' babies! Our seeds arrived in the post the day after the equinox, and they were eager to grow, obviously.
This can't be considered a joy or a favorite yet, exactly, because we're all still adjusting.  But, Mads got his first big boy bed this month, and that's momentous if nothing else.
Favorites!
Favorite Beverage: Humdinger juices, made fresh, organically, cold-pressed, and (I presume) with love in Raleigh.  Wolfman particularly likes the Zinger double shots. 
Favorite Food Stuff - Firebud Brands Slap Sauce. We discovered this via free sample at Whole Foods.  The woman handing out samples told us something like, "this sauce is for people who really love mustard."  I am one of those people.  This bottle lasted maybe two weeks.  We put it on everything.  Everything.
Favorite Beauty Product - Moist Hemp Body Moisturizer.  Back in college, my roommate and friend Mckenzie had a big bottle of Hempz lotion, original scent, that I used perhaps too copiously.  (Like, seriously, to this day I probably owe Mckenzie a bottle of Hempz.)  I found this Moist Hemp lotion at a beauty shop for a good price and bought it primarily for the scent, which reminds me of being 21: sleepless and idiotic, but fairly happy and unencumbered.  It also reminds me of my friends in those days.  I have a rule, normally, that I don't put anything in my hair or on my skin that's not edible, so I don't use this lotion all over my body (I'm pretty loyal to my coconut oil).  I just keep it on my kitchen sink and use it on my hands when need be, and take a trip down memory lane.
Favorite Acquisition - Prayer flags! Early in the month, Grandma and I visited the Tibetan Himalayan Gift Shop in Cary, and she bought some prayer flags for me.  I've been wanting prayer flags for ages, and I can't imagine ever tiring of watching them billow on the breeze.
Favorite TV Show - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  Everybody loved Kimmy Schmidt this month, but that doesn't make it any less amazing.
Favorite Movie - The Boondock Saints (1999).  This wasn't only my favorite movie of the month, it immediately became one of my all-time favorites.  I plan on re-watching it next St. Patty's. Honorable mentions: Robocop (1987), Moonstruck (1987), Eagle vs Shark (2007, New Zealand)
Favorite Music - Young Dubliners.  Every March, I listen to Slacker Radio's St. Patty's station.  As far as I know, I have not an iota of Irish heritage to claim, but regardless, something about St. Patrick's Day speaks to me.  It is easily one of my favorite holidays (or, at least, it is my favorite minor holiday). The Young Dubliners popped up a few times on the station, and then they continued to provide the soundtrack for the rest of my month.
 
In case you missed it:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...