Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ella Lois


 Dear Ella,
You are two years old today, I am astonished to say.  You'll get tired of me telling you this one day, but I saw you born, and because of my particular view, I may have been the first person to see your little face.  I sobbed, because the moment was so intense and you were so precious and so here.  You were the most spectacular thing I had ever seen, and I felt honored to be in the same room with you.  Since that moment, you have given me a whole heck of a lot of firestarter looks, you've ripped up a few of my books, and you've even slapped me a handful of times, so you may be skeptical when I say I still feel the same way about you, but it's true.  I am honored to be your Aunt, to have you in my life.  You are special.  You are funny and weird and singular and beautiful beyond words--like, seriously, hands down the most gorgeous little girl in all of existence.  It is safe to say I am a big fan of yours, and I will continue to be in the years to come.  You and me, baby girl, we are going to have so much fun.  And, also, there will be a few more firestarter looks from you to me, I'm sure of it.
I love you.  Happy Birthday!
Aunt Mimi   

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...