Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Photo Journal, no. 51 | (& a ramble)

Typically, I am so much better at updating my journal than this here blog.  But, the past couple weeks have not been typical.  We have, essentially, moved in a weekend.  Almost.  (Well, our newlywed bungalow is technically still ours for another month, and it is still full of the life equivalent of a junk drawer's contents.  I want to whisper to Wolfman, "lets just skip the rest," but I am responsible.  Sort of.)  The move did seem sudden, but then--hadn't we been saying we would move for months now?  And hadn't I put off doing the actual work?  How many nights did I say, "Okay, hun, tonight I'm packing up the bookshelves while we watch tv," only to... not do that. 

I feel out of sorts now.  Tired.  Achey, certainly (particularly my lower back and shoulders).  I haven't touched my journal in two weeks.  I've temporarily put my Year & a Day of study on hold.  I missed an esbat, and may very well miss the next one.  Though Wolfman rolled his eyes a bit at the amount of books I brought with us to our new home, I keep thinking I packed the wrong books away to be housed in our storage space. 

We only marked the equinox aloud while heaving a mattress on top of a van.  And I do so love autumn.  I love cool morning walks.  I'm excited about retrieving my box of sweaters and heavy plaid skirts.  I don't want this season to slip away while I organize and balance checkbooks and nap...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...