Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Been Thrifting, no. 2 | Vampires & Unicorns

A couple weekends ago, Wolfman had the itch for a Stuff n' Such raid, and this be our booty. Wolfman scored the above Nosferatu comic, the first issue in a series, and a few patches for his biker jacket not pictured (Sabbath, Ozzy, Metallica). I, however, won. Probably, this Legend soundtrack by Tangerine Dream on vinyl will be the greatest thrift of my entire life. Not because I am necessarily a super vinyl collector (I like vinyl, better than CD's, better certainly than anything digital, but my heart belongs to cassette tapes), or even a huge krautrock fan. But, Legend is my favorite movie of all time. OF ALL TIME.


Okay, so actually, I have something of a trifecta of favorite movies, three movies that are very nearly impossible for me to delineate, and the same three movies that have been my favorites since I was in elementary school, which are: Ron Howard & George Lucas's Willow, Jim Henson's Labyrinth, and Ridley Scott's Legend. And Legend, in particular, I watched every single afternoon the summer I turned 6--my grandma let me watch this after lunch instead of taking a nap; I vividly remember, every single afternoon, changing into my princess dress, picking a peach off the tree in Grandma's front yard, and settling down on the sofa to this movie. And, to this day, every time I hear Tangerine Dream's Loved by the Sun, I cry. I mean, I bury my face in my hands and sob, because it's beautiful, because it reminds me of my childhood, because of whatever the reasons are that songs make us cry; it triggers something inside me that doesn't get triggered often enough, apparently.

So there you have it. Best thrift of my life. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...