Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2020

365 | sapphires, allodynia, elves, and dragons

055/365 | Sunday 29 December 2019 - I am grateful for the little strawberry pastries my co-worker, Kirk, buys us that taste like Spring. I am grateful to all my neighbors who recognize and compliment Atalanta's beauty as I walk her. I am grateful for my dainty antique sapphire ring and the pleasant ghost of the tiny woman who wore it before me.
056/365 | Monday 30 December 2019 - Me and my little man had a rough morning together, butting heads. I was out of sorts, my feelings hurt, and then I watched him squeal and yell with delight as his kite picked up air and sailed over our heads, in the yard but especially on our walk with the dog, Mads running ahead of me (precariously, in crocs). Life is like this.
057/365 | Tuesday 31 December 2019 - Journal prompt: Who is the person you are when you're with your person? How does being in your (romantic) relationship make you feel? Who does being in your relationship make you feel you are?
058/365 | Wednesday 1 January 2020 - New year, new look.
059/365 | Thursday 2 January 2020 - I like to dip into Middle Earth at the Yuletide. We got a late start this year and powered through these, which is how this tradition began as newlyweds--all three LOTR movies on Christmas day.
060/365 | Friday 3 January 2020 - Nothing like being knocked-on-your-butt sick at the beginning of the new year.
061/365 | Saturday 4 January 2020, work - Wall! Of! Fortunes!
062/365 | Sunday 5 January 2020 - We buried Granny today. Afterwards, we picked Mads up from Grandma's house, and he was very impressed with his dad's suit. I told him, "Baby, your daddy only wears suits to funerals," which is no exaggeration (he did not even marry me in a suit). Unlike his dad, Mads appreciates the lines of a good suit and dressed in his own approximation of one when we got home. He ate a dinner of star fruit and deviled eggs and watched a Scooby Doo in a jacket and tie.
063/365 | Monday 6 January 2020 - Ludo follows us on our walks. Between the cat trailing us on our walks and the life-size skeleton on our porch, we've established ourselves as the neighborhood eccentrics in record time.
064/365 | Tuesday 7 January 2020 - Tonight Mads had me sing every single bedtime song I've ever sung him--we sang through our entire six-year catalog before the bedtime kiss.
065/365 | Wednesday 8 January 2020 - A gift from my beau, who knows me so well.
066/365 | Thursday 9 January 2020 - Atalanta Strawberry Vaughn
067/365 | Friday 10 January 2020 - Mads has been forbidden to sing Christmas songs by his exasperated father, but it doesn't stop him. I've polished off the last of the mulled wine, we've finished watching the Lord of the Rings, our Christmas decorations are tucked away in the attic, and it is a relief.
068/365 | Saturday 11 January 2020 - I try to strike a balance with the kids between firmly setting my boundaries and expectations and meeting their needs with active listening, respect, and compassion. Ella is easy. Mads is a rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...