Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

January Joys & Favorites


My Christmas cactus, given to me years ago by a former co-worker, in bloom for the first time ever.

Waking early in the morning to make Wolfman breakfast before he leaves for work.


Finding an old tin box in the back yard thicket, hidden years ago by Wolfman when he was still a boy, and breaking it open to find old fire crackers and a triceratops toy.


Favorite beverages: Davidson Organic's coconut & vanilla rooibos tea and Old North State Winery's (of Mount Airy) Restless Soul red table wine (which comes, as a bonus favorite, with a ghost story on its label).


Favorite product: Bitty Bettys Liberty perfume.  Not typically a perfume girl (by which I mean, not at all a perfume girl) and though Santa mostly stuffed this in my stocking because of the cute bottle, I was surprised by how much I enjoy the light, citrusy scent.


Favorite acquisitions: Shell & Rope asymmetrical belt purchased for $2 at the Cat Angels Thrift Store in Cary, a turquoise and faux pearl necklace and bracelet set generously given to me by my boss, April, and a cheery chevron & polka dot wipe-able tablecloth given to me by my sister.


Favorite movie: Sharknado 2: The Second One

Favorite book: Dead Man's Walk by Larry McMurtry.  I'm re-reading the Lonesome Dove Saga and not regretting that decision at all.


Favorite music: Camel's The Snow GooseWolfman brought a vinyl copy of this album home at the end of December, and I've been playing it incessantly.


Martigan's favorites: Grandfather Twilight by Barbara Berger, Highlight's Hello Magazine, and Pee Wee's PlayhouseBoth Grandfather Twilight and Pee Wee's Playhouse were favorites of mine when I was a little, and I'm enjoying revisiting them with my boy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...