Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday, no. 1 | The Chocolate Kind of Gratitude


"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" - Lucy, from Peanuts


Last week, for a few brief days (I won't tell you just how brief), I carried a little box of artisan chocolates in my purse with me wherever I went, a gift from my Valentine.  Strawberry, huckleberry, and grand marnier truffles nestled safely in their papers and box, jostling against my sunglasses and jack knife, calling to me at 3pm, especially, when the work day seemed it may never end.  My boo sure does get me.  We watched together, on V-Day, so many menfolk buying roses at the Whole Foods while we ate our breakfast, and while I wouldn't object to roses, chocolates sure do taste better.  My guy--I sure do love him.  How grateful I am for that man in my life, for leisurely breakfasts, for emergency chocolates almost too pretty to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...